Friday, March 13, 2009

Headed Home...

I have never been "ready" to leave the beach, but I am excited to leave the sunny shores of Hawaii for the snowy shores of Northern Japan.

Sunset Beach on the North Shore of Hawaii


Snow Festival on the North Island of Japan

It causes me pain to realize that Misawa will no longer be "home." However, we are grateful for the opportunity to come back and bring closure to this chapter in our lives, even if only for a short time.

We are leaving Honolulu on Saturday afternoon and will arrive back in Misawa on Monday afternoon (the overnight in Tokyo and the International Date Line crossing make this a LONG trip). I tried talking Sara into the bullet train on Sunday night, but she says she has had enough of the Shinkansen. Who doesn't enjoy 4 hours of HOT train with a transfer at Tokyo Station...during rush hour...with HUGE luggage?

Anyways, this will probably be the last post for a few weeks. We are planning on arriving back in Honolulu on April 1 for a few more appointments before the surgery. Sara's surgery is scheduled for April 6.

Until next time, THANK YOU again for your continued prayers and support!

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. --Phillipians 1:3

9 comments:

The Buckwalters said...

PRAISE THE LORD for the good news!!! May you enjoy a couple of days doing "nothing" and have a safe trip back to Japan! Love you guys!

Mom to 5 bugs said...

So glad to hear you'll be back in Misawa for a while. We should be home this coming weekend with our Katie. SO GLAD you'll get to meet her!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but Danielle Cowart sent me your story and your blog. Please know Sara, we are lifting you up in prayer along with your husband, and unborn child.
Sincerely,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Sara, you, your husband and the precious baby inside of you are in my prayers. You have such a positive outlook on life and always have. I remember your always happy self and friendly smile. Stay strong and know that I am thinking of you!!

Kami Smith-Loftin

Allison said...

Sara, congratulations on becoming a mommy! I am so happy for you guys. You are one of the strongest, most generous, and caring woman that I know, and I believe you can make it through anything. This little bundle of joy just goes to show that there is always hope and a brighter side to everything. I just wanted you to know that Fonz, me,Jack and Daniel are praying for you and your new little one.

Allison said...

Sara, congratulations on becoming a mommy! I am so happy for you guys. You are one of the strongest, most generous, and caring woman that I know, and I believe you can make it through anything. This little bundle of joy just goes to show that there is always hope and a brighter side to everything. I just wanted you to know that Fonz, me,Jack and Daniel are praying for you and your new little one.

Anonymous said...

Guys! We are constantly keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I am thrilled to hear of the news of baby sullivan! Congrats! Thanks for keeping us informed. We love you both!

Amy Niebuhr said...

We are so glad you are going to be able to make it home for a while. I hope you have a good trip. Have a fun reunion with all your Misawa friends and know that your Osan friends are praying for you. We love you.

Mandi said...

Sara...we are praying for you! Danielle sent us your blog and I hope you can be encouraged by all the people that are lifting you up as you face the days ahead. May you feel God's presence and know that he is taking care of you and protecting your little one!