Sunday, August 30, 2009

Austin Baby Shower

32 weeks

Well, I've been in the hospital for two weeks now and the time is not passing as quickly as I would like. I know each day is a gift, and I don't want to seem ungrateful for another day that is not guaranteed to me, but I have to be honest and say I really miss being at home with my husband and in my own house. I know the Lord is in control and it is because of this confidence I have in Him that I will choose to be joyful and praise Him from my tiny room here at the hospital. My days seem to be the same...I get up, turn on K-Love, eat breakfast, spend time with Jesus, shower and get dressed(thankfully I can wear my own clothes), check email, watch "What not to Wear", read, have lunch, read more or look stuff up on the computer, talk to family and friends, and wait for my beloved husband to come see me after work, eat dinner together, hang out and watch "Wheel of Fortune", enjoy every moment together until he has to go home, read, watch TV, or find something to fill my time until I go to sleep, and then do the same thing all over again. Yesterday, Brady asked me if it was beginning to feel like groundhog day...I laughed and said it kind of does. I do feel blessed though, because I am not stuck in my bed like so many people on bed rest. I can go down the hall and get some water and go anywhere in the hospital as long as someone pushes me in a wheelchair. I also have been blessed by so many people coming to visit me. This is what makes the days special and what I look forward to the most.

This past Saturday was one of the most exciting days yet. I had been looking forward to it for quite some time. I was supposed to have a shower in Austin, but after being put on bed rest and then being put in the hospital I was unable to go to travel for a shower. So my dear friend Becky brought the shower to me. They rented a bus and drove it down from Austin so that I could have a shower here at the hospital. I cannot say enough about how blessed I am...I am constantly overwhelmed by the love people have shown to me. I wish I could express my gratitude to match what I feel inside...there are no words to explain. Anyway, back to the shower...I had such a great time. It was so good to see so many of the ladies I just love and adore in Austin. My mom, sister and Brady's mom were all able to be here too...which made it extra special. I can't thank these ladies enough for taking time to come to San Antonio and celebrate Chloe with me and truly shower me with love.

Me and Becky (Shower Hostess)

The Austin Group

Riding In Style

I think I am having another growth scan next Tuesday and we will update the blog with info from that. We are so happy that Chloe continues to grow and is staying put for the time being.

This Friday, Brady and I will celebrate our 5-year anniversary...at the hospital! He is going to bring an air mattress and disobey the nurses orders and spend the night with me. Oh, the journeys of life...

3 comments:

Jill Rutland said...

sara,
the kids and i would love to come bring you lunch sometime. let me know how to get in touch with you....we hope to see you soon!
Jill

Lisa said...

I LOVE THIS! Yessssssss.....wish I could have been at your shower! I will be home Sept. 16th-18th. Can Liam, Mom and I come visit you?

I love you, sister! Have a wonderful anniversary.

rebecca rogers said...

i so wish i could have been there. and also that i could go visit you at the hospital. love you!